How do the Littlest Students at Ad Fontes Academy
Spend Their Days?
In the Joyful Pursuit of Loving to Learn!
Giving your child the right start is important. Our passion is to uniquely assist you in meeting the spiritual, academic, and social needs of your kindergartner through smaller class sizes, qualified teachers, and an academic program that is challenging and thoroughly grounded in Christ’s teachings. Our teachers are amazing. They find and encourage your child’s gifts, instill confidence, and help them develop a love of learning.
Read our ebook on Five Key Questions to Ask When Choosing a School for Kindergarten or First Grade
Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6
In kindergarten, students and teachers begin to construct the building blocks of a classical Christian education, where the emphasis is on discovering beauty and joy in God’s creation. Students develop foundational skills in reading and writing, speaking, listening, and number sense. The classroom is a fun and engaging place where teachers instill a love of good literature, scripture, poems and prayers.
Young children are blessed with an amazing capacity to memorize and possess a natural desire to soak up information. We nurture that innate desire throughout the curriculum as children memorize everything from grammar jingles and poetry to Bible verses and math facts. Beginning to create this vast storehouse of information is exciting to them and provides a solid foundation for all that is ahead of them!
At the center of a Classical Christian education, however, is the heart of the child. Building the foundation of a character of obedience, knowing God and honoring Him through our best efforts, and loving and serving others is our primary focus.
What Our Parents Are Saying...
“He loves school and I’ve been amazed at how much he’s already learned in such a short time. I appreciate the support in parenting that is given by teaching the children the importance of respect, obedience and responsibility. The focus of the curriculum is not just about ‘reading, writing, and arithmetic.’ It is focused on the character of the child.”
AFA Kindergarten Parent
- Laying a strong foundation for a classical Christian education and love of learning by:
- Strengthening reading and writing skills through a strong phonics and spelling program
- Understanding the language and the “why” of math, not just the “how”
- Focusing on animals and fostering a love of science through hands-on discovery
- Learning God’s Word and applying it throughout all the subject areas
- Studying cultures and countries around the world with wonder and delight in God’s creation· A fun and engaging curriculum that incorporates poetry, art, music, physical education, special events, and field trips.
- Weekly and often daily communications from teachers
- Full day program from 8 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. with a small class size of not more than 20 students
- After school care available through the Schole Club
Please note that children must be 5 years old by August 1st of the school year to be considered for admission.
Early Application Deadline January 31
We are currently accepting applications for the 2021-22 school year. Space will likely be quite limited in many classrooms, so applying by the early date of January 31, 2021 is crucial in many classes.
Please Request more information and our admissions office will contact you. We also invite you to register for a Virtual Open House to learn more about the classical Christian education at Ad Fontes Academy.