Our Mission: To glorify God by assisting Christian parents in equipping their children to be servant leaders through a classical education based on eternal biblical truth.
In 1996, the National Christian Foundation for Education and The Arts Trust (now, the Ad Fontes Educational Trust) was founded with a goal of establishing one of the leading, non-denominational, academically-rigorous private schools in Northern Virginia. For over 25 years, Ad Fontes has operated with the inspiration that each child is created in the image and likeness of God, the Creator, as a unique human being having a purpose for which he or she is created.
Ad Fontes is a charitable 501 (c)(3) organization. Ad Fontes Academy (the Ad Fontes Educational Trust) is governed by an independent Board of Trustees.
Grades & Schedule
An independent, classical Christian, college preparatory school. Grades Kindergarten through 12th.
Upper School: 7th – 12th
8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Lower School: K – 6th
8:00 AM – 2:45 PM
Colors: Navy & Burgundy
Motto: Soli Deo Gloria “Glory to God Alone”
Upper School Houses: Athens, Atlantis, Ilium and Rome About our House System
We Equip Students with Education for Life
Strong academic foundations. A love for learning. The capability to pursue deeper understanding and engage in thoughtful discernment. Ad Fontes students communicate with beauty, clarity and conviction. We help them joyfully walk with Christ, shaping their character towards love, grace and wisdom.
Our Graduates Are University-Ready
And they go on to attend selective colleges such as William and Mary, University of Virginia, Virginia Tech, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Georgetown, and Grove City. You’ll find more examples in our detailed profile (above).
Ad Fontes Graduate Profile: We Prepare Students Who…
- Have a dedication and love for learning and scholarship
- Reason wisely, listen carefully, think precisely and articulate persuasively
- Love God with all of their hearts, souls, minds and strength
- Lovingly engage and influence culture with a Christ-centered worldview
- Possess the tools to live and think with truth, wisdom and independence
AFA Alumni Share These Traits & skills…
- Exceptional writing skills
- Tremendous breadth of knowledge
- The ability to think – develop thoughtful opinions and defend ideas
- The skills to effectively study
- A love for Christian community – the “espirit de corps” of students and faculty
- The challenge and achievement of completing the Senior Thesis
- The capability to think biblically